1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

32-bit emulator

Тема в разделе "International Zone", создана пользователем DOS навсегда, 28 сен 2010.

1. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

Anybody know of a good way to emulate a 32-bit system if you have a 64-bit computer? Because there are, of course, several games which can only run on a 32-bit machine. I know about Virtual Machines, but I've never seen an un-complicated one (if there is one feel free to give it to me), and I was basically hoping for some kind of quick-fix application I could use to emulate a 32-bit system.

So, any ideas, moi druz'ya??

-DOS forever

3. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

Oh, and there is also the problem with Lode Runner 2... when I try to run it, it just crashes immediately. It doesn't say it needs 32-bit Windows, it just crashes without even beginning to start. I can open the level editor, but not the actual game. Odd. Any ideas for a fix of that?

-DOS forever

4. B13

B13

For DOS games you can use DOSBox. Or you can use Virtual Machine with installed 32bit OS on it.

5. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

Alright, so what's a good, SIMPLE (:)) 32-bit machine? And to make a VM work, you have to have a 32-bit version of Windows on a disc, don't you?

-DOS forever

6. B13

B13

The most simple VM IMHO VirtualBox, and of course you need disc with 32bit version of Windows.

Also if you use Windows 7, you can try Windows XP Mode it actually VM but it's already configured, and uses a licensed version of Windows XP. You do not need a disk with XP

Последнее редактирование: 28 сен 2010
  7. John Freeman

John Freeman

1) XP Mode not licensed for Vista/W7 Home.
    2) XP Mode = RDP to VM with XP, much problems with videocard in games.

B13 нравится это.
  8. HeliX666

HeliX666

Windows already has an emulator for 32-bit applications called WoW64.
    So most of the games should work fine on Vista/W7 64.
    Some peoples think that they couldn’t run 32bit application on the 64bit OS, but they’re mixing up two difference architectures.
    When the Intel come up the first family of the 64-bit wit new architecture (IA64) it didn’t support 32 -bit commands and many 32bit application won’t ran on WoW64. Because this emulation mode should emulate instruction set and address space. On WoW64 with IA64 based processors you can run only simple DDraw application at emulation mode. Current processors family based on Intel64(EM64T), this is extended IA32 architecture and use the same instruction set. On these processors WoW64 emulates only 64-bit address space and use simple wrapper between 32-bit application and 64-bits system. Of course you can have some specific problems, but as I said most of the application works fine.

I’m just trying to say that most of the problems depend from the hardware or drivers manufacturer and in this case you should emulate hardware too (Virtual machines).

I had checked load Runner 2 from the site and it didn’t work for me too without addition manipulations.
    The Rip version from the site cracked not correctly and it cause stack corruption in some cases.
    I did some changes in exe, now it shouldn’t corrupt on the start, but if you still have crashes try to rename “movies” directory from the “Resource” directory in to "moves1" or other. The game also won’t work with some codec packs.

Вложения:

• LR2.zip
      Размер файла:
      303,3 КБ
      Просмотров:
    Eraser, B13 и kreol нравится это.
  9. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

HeliX666, you AWESOME INDIVIDUAL!!! Yes, it's now working!! :) Thank you sooo much, my friend, I've been trying to get this game working for years. :) They really should replace the .exe that you download with this new, better, working one. :)

Thank HeliX, I owe you one. :)

-DOS forever

1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление