1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

Download limit on Old-Games.ru ?

Тема в разделе "International Zone", создана пользователем OSH, 9 янв 2008.

1. OSH

OSH

Hi!
    I have one question. Does Old-Games.ru have a download-limit? I can't download Independence War Deluxe, because I see a message "download denied". Why?

3. Lysen I eat supermutants!

Lysen

AFAIK it does not. But there're some restrictions on foreign traffic.

4. SMArt Страшила мудрый

SMArt

Супер-модератор

OSH, Check up referer-link in your download manager. Downloads without correct referer are forbidden.

5. Slotered

Slotered

VladimirX's true, IMHO, is best... The problem is...
    Maybe...

6. sin4nothing

sin4nothing

My problem is the speed is slower than if I was downloading on a 56k modem. I mean I get about 3k a second. Instead of the usual 350k per sec. (on DSL). And it says it will take about 5 days to download a 120mb file. So most of the time I can't download anything because of the speed. It doesn't matter what time I try, whether it is night or day. So you guys must have put a huge cap on the download speed of foreign users (well foreign to Russia that is). I remember some of the downloads had mirrors which were really fast but now it seems like you guys got rid of that for some reason. I'm guessing it was bandwidth issues.
    Anyways you guys have a good site and all but ugh the download speed.
    Thanks for reading all of this though.

Последнее редактирование: 9 янв 2008
  7. Noelemahc Призрак из п(р)ошлого

Noelemahc

Legacy

sin4nothing, we're working on setting up a separate mirror for the foreign traffic. But for now, the restriction isn't there because of us, it's the hoster's requirement. Something about their expenses and whatnot. We follow those limits because the only other alternative would be to make the site paid-access-only, and that goes against our principles (and quite a few local laws along the way too).

8. sin4nothing

sin4nothing

Oh okay, I thought you guys were like "screw everyone not living in Russia" or something. :) But that makes sense. I mean I'm glad you guys didn't decide to make it paid-only type of thing. But thanks for the fast reply and good luck setting up the second mirror, also thanks for reaching out to the international community and trying to get a faster mirror for us.
    Anyways Thanks!!

9. Noelemahc Призрак из п(р)ошлого

Noelemahc

Legacy

In the meantime, you can explore the wonderful world of using proxy servers to mask your approach. This is a widespread solution to most IP-limiting systems (including, but not limited to, seemingly infinite download ability from sites such as RapidShare), and although it will take some effort to secure a proxy that is A) good enough to work with our hoster and be interpreted as being "Russian" and eligible for higher d/l speeds -- and B) good enough to allow you to gain a decent-ish throughput speed as all of your traffic will be making unnecessary detours on its way from us to you.

There're a lot of expansively exhaustive manuals on the subject scattered across the InterWeb, so I'm afraid I can't site anything specific. Most of my knowledge is probably outdated by a year or two anyways, and in our business, that's millennia.

10. Shai_Hulud

Shai_Hulud

sin4nothing, you can also try using tracker. there are some good old games on it, not that much as on site though, but they are not ripped and there are no speed limits (that doesnt count seeding users bandwidth, of course) Tracker is on Russian only, but if you have some experience using bittorent-trackers, i think you can manage it.

Последнее редактирование: 11 янв 2008
    Lysen нравится это.
  11. Noelemahc Призрак из п(р)ошлого

Noelemahc

Legacy

Yep, that too. The more users our tracker will get, the better. We might eventually re-host some of the site's game list on it, to provide an alternate source for those who can't get anything off the site itself. Won't be a cure-all, but it's an improvement anyways.

Lysen нравится это.
  12. Lysen I eat supermutants!

Lysen

And maybe Mr. Freeman will think about english version of the tracker too :)

1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление