1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

Game contribution - Soundrace (1995, Germany)

Тема в разделе "International Zone", создана пользователем Max Mantic, 10 июл 2020.

1. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Привет!

Hello from Serbia, my name is Max and I wanted to say thanks for making this amazing site and preserving all of these DOS games.

I recently managed to acquire a floppy disk of a German FUJI promotional game called Soundrace from 1995. I've looked for this game for over 20 years with no luck. There's almost no mention of it anywhere online (any mentions you may find on forums, reddit etc. are either me or another person from Austria searching for it), so for years there's been just 3-4 people that I know that remember this game.

I already made a mobygames page for the game but it's still pending approval, and I also uploaded it to archive.org and sent it to the eXoDOS collection, but I'm now looking for some of the biggest DOS game websites so I can send the game to as many places as I can so it's easier to find in case anyone else is interested.

Here's the archive.org page with the download link: Soundrace (1995) : DEUTSCHE FUJI-TAPE Vertriebs-GmbH & Co. KG : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

If you need anything else please feel free to contact me. Cheers! :)

Кишмиш, kreol, Dimouse и 3 другим нравится это.
  3. Uka

Uka

Переводчик

@Max Mantic, привет!

Thank you so much for the contribution of this rare game!
    Our administrators have already located it on Archive.org - and they are now getting it ready to be hosted on our site Old-Games.ru!
    I have also submitted it to Total DOS Collection, which is, well, the biggest collection of DOS games :)

And do you per any chance happen to know rare Serbian old PC games???

Max Mantic нравится это.
  4. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Oh that's great news then, thank you! I wasn't sure how to contact anyone from the Total Dos Collection so I'm grateful you did it.

As for Serbian games, I think most of the old PC (and older microcomputer) software was made in the days of the old Yugoslavia, but there were also a few Croatian puzzle/quiz games for DOS I think, like Sraz which is already in TDC and eXo.

However there's a clone of Arcade Volleyball called Cosmobojka (same gameplay but the graphics were prerendered CG) that circulated around floppies and CDs in Serbia in the 90s and I believe the game was made here, but I'm not 100% sure. I was surprised that it hasn't been uploaded anywhere yet. I believe I have it on a CD somewhere so if I managed to find it, I'll upload it and send it to you as well. :)

Кишмиш, kreol, Dimouse и 3 другим нравится это.
  5. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

@Max Mantic, здраво!
    Nice to meet you, welcome to Old-Games.ru!

First things first: thank you for your generousity and for the trully incredible gift called "Soundrace"!!! I'd uploaded that one to our FTP shortly after your upload to Archive.org; the game will be added to our site in the near future (I've already written a small review for it).

It will be great! Thanks beforehand!

Yes, we know about this one. In fact, we have it on our FTP, and maybe this game will be also uploaded to the site soon.

If you don't mind, I have a question for you!
    Have you ever heard anything about Serbian (or mayby Yugoslavian, but not Croatian!) possibly old "Color Lines" clone with portraits of Serbian politicians?
    We'd heard about this one from one Serbian man named "Pavle" or "Bojan89". According to his words, he has many other Serbian rarities. You can read his message here. Let me post a quote:
    Of course, another games he told about are also interesting, but "Color Lines" one, in my opinion, is the most unusual thing from them.

@Max Mantic, could you please help us to find these games (or at least any information about them, or maybe Bojan89 himself)? A thousand thanks in advance!!!

Max Mantic нравится это.
  6. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Здраво @kreol! :) Thank you for the warm welcome!

Oh that's fantastic, I'm glad you found Soundrace on archive.org so quickly as well!

I tried to do some research, search through some Serbian forums etc. and maybe find this Pavle Milijas person but I haven't had any luck so far, unfortunately.
    I do however remember the Color Lines clone and I have it (but it's a Windows game, not DOS), along with some other games I found yesterday, although I still haven't found any of the other games Pavle mentioned in that post.

Should I make a new topic for these Serbian-developed games (in case someone else can find this info more easily) or should I just post all that stuff here?

Последнее редактирование: 11 июл 2020
    kreol нравится это.
  7. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

Amazing news, truly thanks!

You can do it wherver and whatever!
    In my opinion, a new separate topic will be better because some more people could know about Serbian games in this way. But, like I said before, please do it as you see fit!

And again: many-many thanks in advance for these gifts!!!

Max Mantic нравится это.
  8. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

You're very welcome, and thanks for showing interest in these games! :)

Alright then, I made a new topic here: Serbian DOS and Windows 95/98 games

The Color Lines clone is just called "Linije" (Lines) and is for Windows only. It shows the then president Slobodan Milošević and his wife Mira Marković on the opposing sides, drawn as caricatures in the style of Predrag Koraksić Corax. It plays on the basic idea going around at the time of who's actually pulling the strings, the president or his wife. :)

Uka и kreol нравится это.
  9. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

@Max Mantic, I've been really shocked because of your pack of Serbian old games!!!
    Let me give you an Order of Honorable Oldgamer!
    Хвала за рачунарске игре, хвала!!!

P.S. Of course I'll try to write the revies for at least some of them in the near future!

Max Mantic нравится это.
  10. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Thank you, that's very kind of you! :D

Hope you enjoy some of them. Cosmobojka is an interesting example for me as a higher production values game. It's full name is apparently Arcade Volleyball II - Cosmobojka, and it's interesting that if you google for "arcade volleyball II" you get this single result of a list of volleyball games: Volleyball Video and Computer Games and there's an "Arcade Volleyball II (PC French)" listed there, but the link is not working anymore and the wayback machine wasn't of much help. I was wondering if maybe it's a bootleg/translated version of a French developed game, but the thing is all of the artwork fits very well with the Serbian text, and most of the resource files in the game's folder are in Serbian also, so this French game is probably some other thing entirely.

kreol нравится это.
  11. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

No problem with that in any way: even if this one is really a bootleg version it is however a separate and valuable thing, so we'll upload it to the site.
    But, honestly, I'm a bit surprised that "Arcade Volleyball II" really exists...

Max Mantic нравится это.
  12. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Yeah it's definitely surprising. Cosmobojka probably isn't bootleg but not 100% sure, but it's pretty well done and higher quality than most of the other games (but also much newer as well).

kreol нравится это.
  1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление