1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

Serbian DOS and Windows 95/98 games

Тема в разделе "International Zone", создана пользователем Max Mantic, 11 июл 2020.

1. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Hi!

Inspired by the posts by @Uka and @kreol on this topic, I thought it would be better to open a new topic regarding old games developed in Serbia and possibly other ex-Yugoslavia countries.

Here's the link with almost 30 games/programs: serbian_games_collection_v0.1

And here's the list of games/programs in the archive:

DOS:
    Brojke i Slova (v3.00) (1990) (Demo)
    Cosmobojka (1997)
    Fudbal (1991) (Demo)
    Kihalica (1993)
    Mad Tankers (v1.0) (1996)
    Maze of Torment 2 (1992)
    Mega-Yamb (1994) (Unregistered)
    Mindform (1993) (Unregistered)
    Mine Sweeper (1994)
    PAUS - Praksa u Sezamu - Mis(ter)ija Spasa (v1.02) (1993)
    PC Bukvar (1995)
    Professional Yamb (1995)
    Puzzle (1991) (Demo)
    School Quest I (1992)
    Srbomer (1996)
    STYLE (1993)
    SUPI 1 - Sezam u Praksi - Misterija Ignore-a (v1.1) (1992)
    SUPI 2 - Sezam u Praksi - Povratak (v2.02) (1992)
    SUPI 3 - Sezam u Praksi - Gradic Sezam (v3.01) (1992)
    SUPI 4 - Sezam u Praksi - Diverzija (v4.00) (1993)
    The Simpson Card (v1.0) (1994)
    YUBLUE (v2.0) (1993)
    YUMB (v2.2) (1991)
    ZBTET (v3.0) (1992)

WINDOWS:
    Linije (v1.02b) (1996)
    Srbomer (v2.1) (2001)
    Textomania! (1992)

A large number of these files were acquired from two CD mag releases called SezamFile from '97 and '98. Sezam was the first major BBS in Serbia and Yugoslavia back in the day, founded all the way back in '89 by people from the Računari magazine, and it endured and evolved over the years. You can read about it a bit more here. So a lot of these games are also made by some of the BBS users, some of it is shareware, or public domain, there are a few demos and unregistered versions etc. For example the SUPI and PAUS games are text parser adventures that are a kind of inside joke between the Sezam staff and users, and lots of the games are just one or two person projects.

I'm also not as knowledgeable about the whole internet culture in the mid-90s Serbia because I didn't have much access myself apart from occasionally going to net caffes and dialup browsing later on, but I've posted this list and inquired to see if there are other people interested in giving more info on some of these games or see if they know about more games that I'm not aware of, because there's certainly more out there. :)

There's also an obvious language barrier there. Luckily a lot of the game have some kind of readme so maybe I'll be able to make some translations at some point if there's interest in any of the games (but don't quote me on that :P) but I'm also not sure how to play some of these games myself :D so I might spend some more time doing that at some point.

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to update this list and upload new games if I find them. I don't know how often I'll be able to maintain a potentially growing list but I'll probably pop in from time to time if there's something new. Cheers!

Warmaster, wish, rusty_dragon и 15 другим нравится это.
  3. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

@Max Mantic, то је веома љубазно, хвала!!!

BOBAH1, MrFlibble и Max Mantic нравится это.
  4. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

@kreol нема на чему! Спасибо!

MrFlibble и kreol нравится это.
  5. Uka

Uka

Переводчик

@Max Mantic, thank you so much for this great gift!
    I have submitted DOS games into Total DOS Collection as well.

That looks quite nice, although some file(s) in the archive seems to belong to other game(s). However, they are either defective or incomplete. Have you ever heard of a Serbian game called 'Ecstasy'?
    Besides, "Arcade Volleyball II: Cosmobojka" (which seems to be the full name) is the only game in your collection that does not bear the name(s) of its author(s) :( Do you per any chance happen to know who could have made it?

That does not look like a game :) Just a joke.
    It only says "NAZDRAVLJE! Ima samo tebe" when you are, well, supposed to have sneezed.

Wow, an interactive fiction game that is the only one here in Cyrillic script, not in Latin (besides "СРБОМЕР"). The keyboard layout is quite different from the Russian DOS mode though...

This one looks nice, but probably it is not a game: just a program displaying pictures and letters? Or are there other modes?

This is the only game of all already present in Total DOS Collection. Probably it was distributed commercially?

That is a weird one... I did not get what is it all about :)

Nice, a tetris playable by modem! This is 'Unregistered' version though.

Max Mantic и kreol нравится это.
  6. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Thank you for your help with TDC and for showing interest in these games.

I'll be honest, this list of games so far was assembled a bit quickly and without testing them too much.

You're very much right about Kihalica, it's more of a curiosity, not a game, PC Bukvar as well (it's just a learning tool). I haven't figured out School Quest I, seems like a small project by one highschooler recreating their school with some inside jokes or something, but I don't know how to play it yet, but not that important really.

Unfortunately some of these are unregistered yeah, I don't know if some of them actually have finished released versions or where to find them. I posted a topic on a local forum about some of this stuff so hopefully, over time, we might find more games and more info about them.

And yeah, Cosmobojka is very interesting to me, I've no information whatsoever about it but it's the most fully fleshed out and professionally made product out of all of these.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to try and find more info and games, it's probably going to be a slow effort but I'll try to keep at it whenever I can. Thanks again for showing interest!

EDIT:
    Oh I forgot to reply to this, I don't think I've ever heard of this Ecstasy game. Do you know anything more about it?

Последнее редактирование: 18 июл 2020
    kreol и Uka нравится это.
  7. Uka

Uka

Переводчик

No, of course not.
    I just know that there is an ecstasy.com in 'Cosmobojka' archive, but that's not a working executive file unfortunately (it has text about some 'Pointix Engine'). And I doubt it is needed to run Cosmobojka itself.

Последнее редактирование: 18 июл 2020
    Max Mantic нравится это.
  8. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Oh I see, I didn't realize you were talking about the files in Cosmobojka there as well.

I just assumed ecstasy.com was a warez group cracktro or something like that but I never tried it. Googling for "Pointix Engine" seems to be related to some software for additional mouse functionality: WinFiles.com Windows 95/98 Mouse and Keyboard Utilities, no idea why it's called ecstasy.com though. The rtm.exe is related to Borland Pascal memory services I think. I'm kind of guessing those files were some tools used by the user that eventually zipped and shared the game around.

Uka нравится это.
  9. Virgil Администратор

Virgil

Администратор

Are Serbian games on the same level as Serbian film or I could skip them?

OLD-NEW Player нравится это.
  10. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Hahah, these games I uploaded certainly aren't, but some of them might be like an interesting curiosity at least. ;) I've also never actually seen Serbian Film so what do I know. :P

That upcoming horror game Scorn has that disturbing Giger-inspired look and atmosphere though, might be something to check out (it's made by Serbian devs).

Virgil нравится это.
  11. Dimouse King of Mice

Dimouse

Администратор Переводчик

Considering Serbian games... there was a team on Amiga working on some games for publisher ClickBOOM. One of their games, Capital Punishment, is quite interesting and well-made fighting, which I will some day upload on our site.
    Capital Punishment : Hall Of Light - The database of Amiga games
    Also they did porting of Myst to Amiga.
    But then this young team was not payed money for their work and was very frustrated:
    'The Story about ClickBoom'
    This was quite well-known story in Amiga circles.
    What is interesting, they claim to have PC version of Capital Punishment finished but unpublished: Former ClickBoom development team statement
    as well as, probably, some other games ("Beach"?)

@Max Mantic, maybe you know anything about these games or people? Or can find some contacts of them? If they can, after all these years, share something with us, it would be wonderful!

Последнее редактирование: 19 июл 2020
    Max Mantic, AndyFox и Sharp_ey нравится это.
  12. Max Mantic

Max Mantic

Hi @Dimouse , sorry for the late reply!

Yeah I know about Capital Punishment for the Amiga and the overall story of them not being credited properly and all that, but I wasn't strictly aware of there actually being a finished DOS version of the game, that's fascinating. Thanks for those links!

I don't really know any of the people involved in making that game unfortunately. I think it's probably possible to find contact links for some of the devs, but it will require a bit more effort. I might not be able to do that any time soon but I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of finding a working prototype or a finished version of Capital Punishment for DOS (and any other stuff they might have like that "Beach" project) so I will let you know if and when I manage to find some more info on that.

Sharp_ey, Dimouse и Uka нравится это.
  13. amatrix85

amatrix85

Ма каква је бре срамота да причамо између Словенима језиком окупатора...

Дакле.

@Max Mantic, kreol ми је замолио да погледам ПАУС и остало да напишем чланак за сајт. Али имам проблем са контролом у SUPI-у (на пример, кад пишем otvori fioku добијам одговор Koju? и немам појма како да то игре објасним). Такође треба ми неки обичан списак глагола за такве текстове авентуре јер у документације не постоји ништа од тога.

Последнее редактирование: 28 окт 2020
    kreol и WERTA нравится это.
  1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление