1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

How many languages do you speak?

Тема в разделе "International Zone", создана пользователем Virgil, 11 сен 2008.

1. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

Teach me German, Scorp! Учи мне Германский язык, Скорп! Lol.

-DOS forever

2. boltishe

boltishe

Rus/Eng

3. Frogo

Frogo

Russian and English...

4. starlord

starlord

english and french!

That's interesting: I'm on the lookout for russian to english translators: I'm part of a project willing to create patches to subtitle 2 russian only games (they were due to be released outside russia, but that never happened). The 2 games are homeplanet gold from russobit-M and tomorrow war: factor K.

homeplanet gold is nearly done: only the add on playing with fire remains to be translated...

Since a lot of people here can speak both languages fluently, might some of them consider helping us?

5. snetch

snetch

Russian is my native language - in our family we always speak Russian among us.
    I was born and grew up in Georgia, so I can call Georgian my second native language.
    As of right now, I've lived in the US for 3 years, so I speak English better than Georgian.
    Also, I can kinda speak and understand most of Spanish, but I don't use it a lot, so I'm forgetting it.
    I've had German classes in my school in Georgia, but I forgot all of it.
    My goal is 6-7 languages total - I want to learn French, Chinese, Arabic, and maybe something else... maybe relearn German, too

The more languages you learn, the better you understand the ones you don't know. Knowing English and Spanish, I can understand most of Latin and a little French and Italian. So, don't ask questions like:
    "Sanskrit? Why would you ever need Sanskrit?"
    You never know where you will use an extra language... Some wise man said: the more languages you know, the more human you are.

Thomas Wolfe нравится это.
  6. starlord

starlord

That's quite true! I spent 5 years of my very early childhood in seoul south korea! I once learned korean, but sadly save a few words, I lost everything! A truly tragic loss.

Also, in that case snetch, might you be interested to help us? Should you wish I can send you some text for you to evaluate...

Последнее редактирование: 6 май 2010
  7. snetch

snetch

I could help. I have exams up till May 13, but then I'm free basically all the time. But I might even translate something before that

8. starlord

starlord

That's great snetch: I'll fill you out more extensively in what we need. Preliminary question: do you know the russian only game (sadly) called homeplanet gold?

Also, to get back to the original subject, I believe you are perfectly right in your quote, but I also believe the same goes with culture,myths and tales as along with language they convoy part of the story of destinct human ethnies...

This is why it is important to know why the aborigenes culture is centered around dreams and why in iceland they still believe in trolls, among other things...

9. snetch

snetch

Unfortunately, I've never heard of the game. But, I don't think that could hinder me from translating anything in it.

Of course, the more you find out about other people, the differences between them and you, and their lifestyles, the better you can understand something alien, the better you can understand anything in this world. Language is just a tool to get the original information first-hand, because no translation is perfect.

10. starlord

starlord

Quite true! Try translationg pranks from one language to another... LOL

Should you wish to have a look at the extracted text, you can find it here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/DQsqznsu/pwf_text.html

that's the text of the homeplanet addon (playing with fire) present in the homeplanet gold package. if you are a space sim fan, you'll be interested to know that the team behind it is now heading a freeware project based on babylon 5 called "I've found her"... They have been instrumental in explaining us how to patch the game and giving us work in progress translations...

11. Virgil Администратор

Virgil

Администратор

starlord, I checked the texts you provided and could say that this is nothing spectacular in terms of language complexity or style, so most of the people would likely translate this just fine. However, what is spectacular about this - is the amount of text. Somehow I didn't expect space sim to have that much of information, several hundred of kilobytes of raw text. I think you'll need at least several people to do the translation.

I think you're mistaken about this. To speak the language fluently one must either learn it as a second/third/etc. tongue from your family since early childhood or live in the said language environment for quite some time, I think there are just a few (and I'm definitively not one of them) if any people here who speak English fluently. But most of the games I've seen are using quite simple English, so it shouldn't be a problem to understand it.

12. snetch

snetch

yes, that looks like too much for just one person to translate in any reasonable time, if the person has a life =)

13. starlord

starlord

Indeed, but someone by the name of maxim vorsobine has started to work on them (he has given me some updates which I can forward)...

But other than that, I'm afraid translators willing to help are very rare!

14. snetch

snetch

I could still translate a part of it

15. starlord

starlord

that would be nice still! It's a pity that russobit-m didn't think about a similar alternative...

16. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

Ну по крайней мере я теперь знаю, что я так неправильно написал это, лол. Учи меня немецкому языку - так должно быть. Спасибо люди!

-DOS навсегда

17. гость

гость

English, Ukrainian, Russian. That's all for now.

18. Vollmond36

Vollmond36

Russian, English. Want to learn czech.However, I want to learn as much languages as possible.

Последнее редактирование: 14 май 2010
  19. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

Agreed. The more the better!

-DOS forever

20. Юджин84

Юджин84

Говорю исключительно по-русски, но с трудом могу писать и понимать английский.:rolleyes:

1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление