1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

IRC-Channels on Abandonware

Тема в разделе "International Zone", создана пользователем Pixman, 8 дек 2014.

1. Pixman

Pixman

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm glad I can join this community. I've been a collector abandonware for years and now I would like to exchange some stuff.
    I saw that you have an IRC channel an I joined it.

There are almost no people, which is kind of sad.

Do you know of any other channels on Abandonware with file-bots?

Years ago, there were so many! Nowadays, I don't find anything useful or the channels are emptied.
    I think digital culture is getting lost, which is very sad.

Could anybody suggest anything?

Also, old-games.ru is the only site that has a really GREAT abandonware-collection, even with patches and manuals. I love this site. I wish, it was more friendly to English users.
    I only speak a little bit of Russian, so it's sometimes a little bit difficult.

Thanks and regards,
    Michael from Switzerland

Low_Pressure и Dimouse нравится это.
  3. Low_Pressure Titanium Helmet of Musicianship owner

Low_Pressure

Legacy

I can't tell if there're any alive irc-channels out there, but you can check this list of abandonware sites, if you're interested.

But at the moment if there is a game you cannot find here (on site or on the forum), you probably won't find it anywhere else.

4. Virgil Администратор

Virgil

Администратор

Hi. Our IRC is just like that - for chatting. We never had many visitors, so I bet no one had ever thought of utilizing file-sharing capabilities or setting up bots. Speaking of other IRC channels, there were #oldgames channels on at least two different networks with lots of stuff. Undernet and EFnet if I remember right. But it's been years since I've been there. I stopped visiting those as torrents and fast filesharing sites came to become really popular, especially Underground Gamer.

As to why our site is not English-friendly - historically it was a Russian site with 95+% of visitors coming from Russian speaking parts and just a tiny little bit - from the rest of the world. So we actually never bothered enough. Plus there are some issues on technical side of things, like limitations of the current forum engine. And I don't even mention translating news articles and especially game descriptions/reviews.

1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление