1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Пожалуйста, внимательно прочитайте правила раздела.
  3. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

Let's do an investigation

Тема в разделе "Флейм", создана пользователем Gohan, 15 фев 2005.

1. Gohan

Gohan

<_< Hi!
    I decided, that it would be nice if we would chat b'out games, wouldn't it? ;)
    Soooo, lets talk b'out Doom and Wolfenstein 3D.
    Which game do You like best and please argument why, ok? ;)

3. Skaarj.13 нервынервы

Skaarj.13

Gohan, he-he. I don't know this games :D
    Morrowind rulezzzz! Fallout rulezzz! X-COM and Silent Storm rulezzz!
    But what is Shadow Warrior? :huh:

4. Dimouse King of Mice

Dimouse

Администратор Переводчик

:lol: Funny topic here.
    Well, what to say. Both games are innovative and legendary. Wolf was a total breakthrough for his time. I remember playing it for days. But Doom is more dark and atmospheric. It was almost frightening at that time, Wolf was funny compared to Doom.
    So I can't make up a dicision what is best. I think all action games from Id Software until Quake 2 are equal, and I love them all :wub:

5. Gohan

Gohan

oh yeah!
    i remember playn' doom and almost shittin my pants ;)
    But how do you think - which was harder to beat
    ?

6. EvilM@niac

EvilM@niac

Well, Wolf was my first action game. Then I discovered Doom. I think both games are very good ( :wub: ). I had been sitting for hours playing them and for a long time they were my favourite games. So, I can't tell exactly which I like most.

EDIT:
    :D :D :D

7. Gohan

Gohan

how's duke nukem for you?
    i like it because duke sometimes says some funny phrases, like
    your face and your ass - what's the difference

8. EvilM@niac

EvilM@niac

Oh, yah, Duke is realy good.

ps "Come get some" :D

9. Gohan

Gohan

how about the classic Carmageddon?
    omg I remember playn it for hours

10. CaH51o Target lifeform

CaH51o

DukeNukem3D was my very first PC game! My brother and I used to play it togegher: he was using keyboard and I held mouse :D that was real fun! I even have a duke_nukem soundpack for UT.

11. Gohan

Gohan

really? and how does it sound? man! i would like to have a duke nukem sound pack
    Anyways have you herd of the Duke Nukem Out In D.C.?

12. Gohan

Gohan

What's your favourite weapon in Duke Nukem 3d? and what are the most pathetic and the coolest enemies?
    mine favourite weapon is da shotgun, it has firepower, you can always findsum shells :), and off cource it looks cool
    the most pathetic and retarded enemy is the little crappy green sucker 'o death. I hate him( it gets me really scared sometimes)
    The coolest enemy is da pig :dirol:
    it has a shotgun and armor

13. Noelemahc Призрак из п(р)ошлого

Noelemahc

Legacy

Topic moved.

Wolf3d was awesome, back in its time, and so was DooM. I remember I couldn't get the tunes from it out of my head for quite a while -- heck, the E1M4 tune ("Kitchen Ace and Takin' Names") was the first one I've learned to play on the piano.

As for Duke3d -- it was novel, partially, because it had a polished finish. Still, most of the technological features were already used two years earlier in System Shock and Dark Forces (both of which I worship, so don't even dare to object). Still, I prefer the older 2d Dukes over the 3d ones - not only because they have more than one decent rock track ("Grabbag" for Duke3d and "Kiss the girls and make them cry", "You be dead" and "He's back!" for Duke2), but also because Duke himself is more of a hero and less of a bad-mouthed chauvinist there :D

Duke in D.C. was fun - more fun than the original. Naturally, my favourite is the Smithsonian Museum level and it's musical track ("Waterworld").

The guns... The guns... The RPG, I gotta say. It's fun and powerful and deadly. "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out!"

But as far as vocal comments go, nothing beats Blood. :D

14. MaxEd

MaxEd

I'd vote for Wolf. Doom always been a little too scary for me - I hate dark games. But the best 3dshooter out there is WW2GI!!!!

15. Teron Lifeslayer Malkavian

Teron Lifeslayer

DooM - classic of first person shooters. Even now I can remember the battle witn Cyberdemon :shok: Oh, that was really scary...
    Great desigh of levels and monsters, corpses of unlucky marines that tried to stop Hell before you, great music: hard rock, atmosphere of death and agony... And my favorite weapon in FPS: supershotgun, not BFG 9000. Supershotgun (or shotgun) is most classical weapon in FPS. FPS without shotgun are not FPS :P
    Without it DooM woudn't be DooM.

16. DeMonHall

DeMonHall

"А я ему по русски скажу,что бы он тоже ничего не понял"© гыгы

17. Gohan

Gohan

HA! i can understand sum words! what do you want to say? say in english and don't be mr. ' Oh my god i'm so cool in being Russian"

18. Noelemahc Призрак из п(р)ошлого

Noelemahc

Legacy

Laugh all you want, but that's really what he implied.

Addition: another thing worth mentioning in the same line is Rise of the Triad. Made by the same folks of 3d Realms before Duke3d (Duke's engine was built based on some of the concepts of RoTT's), with the same two guys (Lee Jackson of Apogee and Robert Prince of iD) doing the musick. IMAWO (In My Always Wrong Opinion), it's the best there can be.
    Lots of blood and guts, dozens of guns (the fact that you can only carry four at a time only adds to the fun), fun powerups (the ultimate favourite is the dog-transformation - you can crawl into the tighest of spaces, but can't use normal doors and guns... but all your attacks are instantly lethal!), lots of AWESOME musick ("Goin' down the fast way" alone is the reason to love it -- and there's lots more to enjoy) and powerful 12-person multiplayer all rolled into one - the game of my dreams...

Now if anyone would redo it in the glory of, say, the CryTek engine ('cos it's the best there is in the balance of "eye-candy vs. FPS level" that both DooM III and HL2 had problems with) and keep the old musick (just do it live, not MIDI)...

19. SnowBlinD

SnowBlinD

Gohan,I have played Duke Nukem, doom, and wolfenstein 3d and I love`em all but Doom1 and Doom2 I like more. :wub: As you said, i was sitting near the computer and almost shittin my pants too. :lol: But now almost all Game companys think, that graphics is more important than gameplay. <_<
    They run for technology and forget about the story of game, forget about level`s design... <_< They just think that people like game for its beauty and for not for its game process. The result is that people play oldgames now because in some ways they are better, than new (Doom1-2 is better than Doom3, for example).

HEY YOU, id Software AND OTHER GAME COMPANYS!!! WILL YOU BEGAN DOING REALLY GOOD GAMES, LIKE QUAKE AND DOOM ??? STOP RUNNING FOR TECHNOLOGYS !!! :rtfm: :angry: :rtfm:
    P.S. Gohan, sorry for my bad english, I`m only 12 years old (I`m the youngest member of that forum, I suppose :blush: ).

20. Gohan

Gohan

that's ok
    Yeah the companies are doin crap with their race of graphics
    omg i have the greatest graphics engine or whe produce the best graphics and the worst gameplay
    So anyways doom and duke nukem rules all the far cry i think ;)
    were you cheatin during the play of Duke nukem?

21. EvilM@niac

EvilM@niac

It's sad, but you are right :cry: :cry: :cry:

1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление