1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

Thief 2 tech issues

Тема в разделе "International Zone", создана пользователем DOS навсегда, 25 июл 2011.

1. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

I decided to just post this here, in English, because I don't want to get into any too deep tech discussion in a language I'm not too epic with. :D

Basically, Thief 2 hangs after a little while of playing. I tried the Dark Engine Fix, and after I input the game folder and clicked установить, a screen flashed by too fast to read (I assume it was the installing screen), and then a DOS shell screen which said "Dark Engine Fix," so I assumed that was done because when I tried to re-run it, it said it was already installed.

Anyway, after that, I ran the game, and it ran a little longer than it had before, but it still hung, but I noticed that the character, who was speaking at the time, finished his speech when the game hung, so I decided to try the thief2vidfix thing, from darkfate.ru, but that said it needed Thief 2 v. 1.07, and I had 1.18 (I used the .exe). I tried the single-CPU fix, but when I click "Set Affinity" in the menu (English equivalent of "задать соответствие" in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about), it just says something about me not having permission to do that.

Any ideas?

-DOS forever

3. Virgil Администратор

Virgil

Администратор

You should limit the number of CPU cores available for that game to one, this should solve the problem, and if the game runs too fast, you could try forcing V-sync in your video card driver settings.

4. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

But Virgil, as I just said, when I click "Set Affinity," I get the message that I don't have permission to do that.

-DOS forever

5. SMArt Страшила мудрый

SMArt

Супер-модератор

DOS навсегда, try to use utility "RunWithAffinity". Download here. If you still get message about permission, run it as Administrator (Click right mouse button on executable file and choose "Run as Administrator").

6. Virgil Администратор

Virgil

Администратор

Then you should get those permissions... You need administrator's privileges, if you don't have them already.

7. Eraser Чистильщик

Eraser

Хелпер

Like SMArt and Virgil have said, you do not have administrator's privileges. I bet it's also the reason DarkEngineFix has failed to fix the muti-core problem. Re-run it as Administrator.

8. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

My computer account is administrator... however I will try running the program as admin.

Just tried that, and... no luck. I'm telling you, it's not admin problem. My account on this computer is an administrative account.

-DOS forever

Последнее редактирование: 28 июл 2011
  9. Eraser Чистильщик

Eraser

Хелпер

Since you have Vista, I hope the game isn't installed to C:\Program Files?

10. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

Nope, C:\Games\Thief 2.

-DOS forever

11. Eraser Чистильщик

Eraser

Хелпер

Hmmm. Try to check the the UAC slider.

12. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

I never heard of that, and when I search it, I only get Windows 7 hits. I mean, I know what User Account Control is, but I never heard of a slider related to it.

-DOS forever

13. Eraser Чистильщик

Eraser

Хелпер

DOS навсегда, it regulates those "Are you sure you want to run this program?!" messages. Check the Control Panel - User Accounts.

14. TBAPb MIA

TBAPb

Хелпер

Start notepad, type there
    start /affinity 1 NAMEOFEXEFILE.EXE
    replace NAMEOFEXEFILE.EXE with game's exe file (Thief2.exe I suppose, but not sure, never played)
    select File -> Save As, go to C:\Games\Thief 2 folder, in "File type" select "All files (*.*)", in the name type runthief.cmd
    Try running this file.

15. TBAPb MIA

TBAPb

Хелпер

Eraser, slider is in Win7 only, in Vista it is only checkbox.

DOS навсегда, see attached screenshot (in russian, but):

Вложения:

• vista-uac.JPG
      vista-uac.JPG
      Размер файла:
      56,4 КБ
      Просмотров:
    Eraser нравится это.
  16. Eraser Чистильщик

Eraser

Хелпер

TBAPb, true, forgot about that.

17. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

Tried the start /affinity 1 fix thing; it hung faster than last time. I can try disabling UAC, but somehow, I really doubt that will help. It doesn't seem to be a UAC-related issue. Attached is a screenshot of the error message I get. But even if disabling UAC would allow me to set affinity, it doesn't seem like it would do any good, because, assuming that .cmd program worked, I would have already tried using single-processor affinity.

-DOS forever

Вложения:

• thieferror.jpg
      thieferror.jpg
      Размер файла:
      209,7 КБ
      Просмотров:
  18. Eraser Чистильщик

Eraser

Хелпер

I'm pretty much sure it didn't. If, for some reason, you do not have privileges to edit the game files and processes, none of the ways to edit them (DEFix, .cmd file, manual affinity settings) will do the job - they will all get denied access.

19. DOS навсегда

DOS навсегда

So what are you saying? Disabling UAC will, in fact, help this matter?

-DOS forever

20. Virgil Администратор

Virgil

Администратор

I think it will be more fruitful, if you go to the most populated Thief forums and search for the answers there. Most of the solutions listed in our Thief thread were taken from there anyway.

21. TBAPb MIA

TBAPb

Хелпер

In this case - you MUST, before changing affinity, press "Show Processes for all users", this will elevate taskmgr and allow you to change affinity

kreol и Eraser нравится это.
  1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление