1. Друзья, в это тяжёлое и непонятное для всех нас время мы просим вас воздержаться от любых упоминаний политики на форуме, - этим ситуации не поможешь, а только возникнут ненужные ссоры и обиды. Это касается также шуток и юмора на тему конфликта. Пусть войны будут только виртуальными, а политики решают разногласия дипломатическим путём. С уважением, администрация Old-Games.RU.

Скрыть объявление
  2. Если Вы видите это сообщение, значит, вы ещё не зарегистрировались на нашем форуме.

Зарегистрируйтесь, если вы хотите принять участие в обсуждениях. Перед регистрацией примите к сведению:
    1. Не регистрируйтесь с никами типа asdfdadhgd, 354621 и тому подобными, не несущими смысловой нагрузки (ник должен быть читаемым!): такие пользователи будут сразу заблокированы!
    2. Не регистрируйте больше одной учётной записи. Если у вас возникли проблемы при регистрации, то вы можете воспользоваться формой обратной связи внизу страницы.
    3. Регистрируйтесь с реально существующими E-mail адресами, иначе вы не сможете завершить регистрацию.
    4. Обязательно ознакомьтесь с правилами поведения на нашем форуме, чтобы избежать дальнейших конфликтов и непонимания.
    С уважением, администрация форума Old-Games.RU
    Скрыть объявление

Offering 2 obscure DOS games

Тема в разделе "International Zone", создана пользователем Timduncan, 25 фев 2018.

1. Timduncan

Timduncan

Hello,

I would like to suggest the addition of 2 shareware games from an old german DOS shareware CD to the database. They cannot be found on the internet at the moment and I would like to make them available to the internet community. They're in the process of being added to Mobygames.

The first one is "Diamond Peter" (1993), a Boulder Dash clone. Mobygames link with description and screenshots: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/diamond-peter.

Download link on archive.org: Diamond Peter : Christoph Schneiders : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

The second one is "Escape from Monster Castle" (1993), which is a Gauntlet variant. The addition to Mobygames hasn't been finalised yet, but I already uploaded it on archive.org with a description, several screenshots and a download link: Escape From Monster Castle : Thomas Ehlers, Michael Rieck : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

If the games are deemed suitable I would love to send the files and screenshots. I have also written short descriptions of the games (in English) which could be used. I'd like to make the games available to the internet for documentation purposes before they get lost in time.

I know this is perhaps not the right place to post game suggestions and I would have posted in the appropriate thread, but I don't speak or read any Russian.

Greetings

Последнее редактирование: 26 фев 2018
    Дарк Шнайдер, Depressor, wish и 8 другим нравится это.
  3. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

@Timduncan, greetings and welcome to Old-Games.ru!
    Many thanks for these gifts and for your efforts! Of course we'll add both games to our collection in the near future.

P.S. Please excuse me if it is a private question, but are you from Germany? If yes, do you know anything about very rare German game "Dan Burry"?

P.P.S. We try to preserve all old games, of course inculding German gems (and not only gems...). For example, we've recently bought some rare German games, particularly "Die Nacht der Vampire" and "High Noon: Gold City". Maybe it will be interesting for you; if so, please feel free to share it in any way possible!

Последнее редактирование: 2 авг 2023
  4. Timduncan

Timduncan

Thank you very much for preserving the games. The game files, screenshots and descriptions are on the archive.org links above, but I can also send them to you by private message (or how would you like the files delivered to you?). Please ask if you have any questions regarding the games.

Of course you can ask and it's true that I'm from Germany, but unfortunately I haven't come across Dan Burry either. A quick search showed some users on german gaming forums listing it in their game collection, for example (user Sonic): Eure PC / Computer Games Sammlung - neXGam - Forum
    The post is 9 years old, but perhaps there's a possibility to get it from there; the user was last active in December '16.

Thank you for your game suggestions, very interesting. If I come across any rare (or not rare) game or information, especially regarding german games, I'll make sure to post it here!

Кишмиш, Uka, Virgil и 2 другим нравится это.
  5. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

Thanks in advance, if you don't mind (and of course I could take it from archive.org directly)!

Thanks for these words. Truly thanks.

Yes, we are looking for some rare German games.

For example, there is the game called "Mick Monster: Panik im Labyrinth"; do you know anything about this one?

And of course we are looking for the PC-version of German "text-meets-graphic" adventure "Projekt Prometheus". Unfortunately the user from mobygames who owns it can't give this one to the mankind (we've already contact him).

And one another gem: "Whoop" (maybe it is shareware or freeware).

If you're interesting, you can find our "missing game list" here.
    The first part of that one includes "most wanted" games we know for sure that they exist.

And please feel free to contact me through PM if you have any questions about our site, forum, or collection and if you need any help with site!

P.S. Welche Sprache bevorzugen Sie in der Kommunikation? Mein Deutsch ist schrecklich koennte besser sein, aber ich kann Sie verstehen. Entschuldigen Sie bitte, wenn ich etwas nicht korrekt gesagt habe.

Последнее редактирование: 26 фев 2018
  6. Timduncan

Timduncan

Your German is very good! But I think I prefer English here so that other people can also read the posts.

I've sent you the files per private message.

I'll have a look at the other games. Although I don't have too much free time, I'll try to search for them and see what I find.

I searched for the first one (Mick Monster: Panik im Labyrinth) and there is good news: it can be bought on amazon and ebay! 3-6 Euros each, except for one edition with the original box and everything for 70 Euros. Do you have access to the german amazon and/or ebay? I honestly don't know if it's possible to order there internationally. I'm no expert in that regard. How did you buy the previous german games?

I'll have a look at the other ones next time!

Кишмиш, Sharp_ey, TheMadLynx и ещё 1-му нравится это.
  7. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

Thank you, but that is far from true.)
    Offtop.

I've got it, thanks!

@Timduncan, many thanks for your kindness, and many thanks in advance for your efforts, but I really don't want to disturb you! Please don't spend your time if it inconveniences you in any way!

We have one good friend in Germany; so we usually ask him for help if the German seller doesn't offer the international delivery. I hope we also could go this way with "Mick Monster: Panik im Labyrinth".
    Biggest thanks for the info about this one!!!

Последнее редактирование: 15 дек 2018
    MrFlibble нравится это.
  8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias

i have the full version of "Dan Burry" on a Disk ^^

Gamovsky, Uka, Fabricator и 4 другим нравится это.
  9. kreol Старший офицер Чёрной Гвардии

kreol

Администратор

It's awesome! Could you please upload it for all mankind?

Ozymandias нравится это.
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias

:good:

I can make it available to the forums community.
    Please send me via PM an eMail address for the reception.
    I do not know myself how to upload files.

Greets from Germany!
    --- добавлено 30 окт 2018, предыдущее сообщение размещено: 30 окт 2018 ---
    Contacted! The Game is on its Way . . !:yes:

Gamovsky, Uka, MrFlibble и 5 другим нравится это.
  11. MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Just use a file hosting service. AFAIK Zippyshare still doesn't reuqire registration, but they'll delete the uploaded files after a while. There's also stuff like WeTransfer if you need to send a download link directly to someone's email (files also expire after a while).

Ozymandias нравится это.
  12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias

i found several old DOS-Pearls again...:)

Sharp_ey is contacted!

Gamovsky, Dimouse и kreol нравится это.
  1. На этом сайте используются файлы cookie, чтобы персонализировать содержимое, хранить Ваши предпочтения и держать Вас авторизованным в системе, если Вы зарегистрировались.
    Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie.
    Скрыть объявление